Face to Face Consultations are back!
- For the current time, appointments strictly by appointment only
- Administration of the diary and booking appointments will remain remote.
- Clinic opening times will be limited and appointment times controlled to allow for full disinfectant of treatment rooms and all contact points in the clinic and change and disposal of PPE.
- PPE will be worn during the consultation and patients will be asked to bring a face mask
- Special measures will be sought for patients who are shielded or are at higher risk. Please ask your consultant’s advise before seeking treatment.
- The consultation will comprise of an initial triage by video or telephone prior to meeting face to face in the clinic or domiciliary environment. It is intended that most of the patients history, discussion, and examination ( the non contact part of the consultation) is done remotely to limit close contact during your clinic visit.
- As part of your face to face consultations you may be asked to undress so that the physiotherapist can touch the symptomatic tissue.
- For our patients who have been on treatment prior to lock- down, your initial consultation will also require the non contact part of the treatment to be done through telephone or video consultation.
- Covid-19 is a novel virus where the body has no natural immunity and for which there is currently no vaccine available, therefore additional care is required to reduce the risk of exposing patients to infection. Patients must be aware of the current risks of face to face consultations during the COVID -19 pandemic especially if they have underlying medical conditions and will be asked to acknowledge this with a signed declaration before commencing treatment ( including chaperones for under 16 year olds)
- The medical check list and declaration will be emailed to you in advance and reads as follows: I solemnly and sincerely declare that the information I have provided is true and correct and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true. If any person should suffer as a result of the information being found to be untrue and false then I am aware I can be prosecuted for making a false declaration. Signed .........,
- A treatment plan will be discussed and agreed in advance between the physio and the patient
- Preferred payment will be by Bacs but cheques may be accepted.
- Acupuncture will not be available at this temporary clinic but we will advise you on appropriate alternative pain management.
- We will closely monitor the coming and goings of patients. In the event of other patients reporting symptoms we will be able to pass on advise to others. To comply with GDPR, this information will be strictly confidential.
- We have strict infection control measures in place. Our infection prevention and control measures are available to read on request.
Posted by: AislingBirch
Date: Wed, June 03, 2020